I thought I'd do a cheesy, self-indulgent, who-really-cares post today ALL ABOUT ME. Because it's my birthday, and I can and you can't say anything bad about me. At least don't let me know about it until tomorrow.
So here are 26 facts about me, in no particular order and not guaranteed to be relevant or interesting to anyone but me.
- In the ten years that I've been driving, I've never gotten pulled over. Not one speeding ticket, warning or otherwise.
- When I was 10, I had hair down to my butt. I've had (very) short hair for almost ten years, and I can't imagine ever having it long again. Although, occasionally I have dreams about long hair where I brush it and constantly gather it into a ponytail.
- I adore my cat Mozart as if she were my child.
- I have, at various times in my life, been obsessed with Ally McBeal, Rosie O'Donnell, Meryl Streep, Gilmore Girls and Parenthood. I may have scrapbooks of some or all of these.
- I have seen every Meryl Streep movie and recorded performance that I know to exist. I also own all of them. I started checking movies off my list in 2006 and just found the last one (The Deadliest Season) last year.
- I have three jobs (here, here and here), four Twitter accounts (this one, this one, this one and this one) and three blogs (you're on one, this one and this one).
- I am an extremely picky eater. I just recently added onions, green olives and water chestnuts to my list of approved foods. I also just recently started eating steak (my meal of choice for tonight).
- I love New York City and I've been there more than 15 times. My favorite place I've ever been is the Brooklyn Heights Promenade; it's magical.
- I have terrible eyesight, and perhaps my biggest fear is going blind.
- The quality I cherish most in myself is my sense of humor. I think I'm hilarious, and you should too.
- I am a certified cake decorator, but prefer to bake cookies. I'm told that my cookies are wonderful.
- My man got a New York City subway token set into a necklace for my birthday two years ago, and there have only been four days since that I have forgotten to wear it. Four awful, horrible, no good, sad, necklace-less days.
- I love newspapers (The New York Times, please), books and magazines. Trashy tabloids are a great weakness of mine (RIP Borders).
- I have enormous pupils. I was once told by an optometrist that "in ten years of practicing" he had "never, ever seen pupils as big" as mine. No, I am not on drugs, and thanks for asking.
- I am very shy at first, hard to get to know, and then impossible to get rid of.
- I saw Mamma Mia the movie 12 times in the theater. I saw the sing-a-long version once.
- I love Cape Cod even though I'm not fond of water, haven't owned a bathing suit since I was ten and don't eat seafood. Our guest bedroom is Cape Cod-themed.
- I would very much like to travel the world. Or at least Germany, England, France, Italy, the Scandanavian countries, Egypt, Russia and Alaska.
- My choice for top funniest movies of all time: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Naked Gun, Anchorman, Dumb and Dumber and the Austin Powers trilogy.
- I just want to be included.
- I've had some really intricate, really embarrassing, ultimately awesome Halloween costumes (all handmade exclusively by, and for me).
- Ron Popeil and infomercials have had a very large impact on who I am today.
- I have some really great, funny, amazing people in my life.
- My parents are better than your parents.
- I'm terrified that my eggs will die before I try to have children. I've always known that I wanted to be a mom.
- Eggs aside, getting older has never bothered me. I've always felt like an old soul. I'm simply catching up with myself.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! My parents took exactly two pictures of me on the first day of school as a kid. One before kindergarten, the next before first grade. Then, they obviously gave up.